Main point: prayer is not first and foremost a way for us to bring OUR desires up before God – but rather a way through which God brings HISdesires to pass THROUGH us.
- Things we need FOR God (vv. 9-10)
- "On earth as it is in heaven"
- "Hallowed be your name"
- "Your kingdom come, your will be done"
- Things we need FROM God (vv. 11-15)
- "Daily bread"
- "Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors"
- "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"
"We can hear heaven's 'YES' to our prayers, because Jesus heard heaven's 'NO' to his prayer in Gethsemane..."