Main Takeaway: Wisdom is "numbering our days" - orienting our lives - based on what lasts, not what passes...
Things that pass:
- Human Life (v. 3, v. 10)
- The Pleasures of Sin (vv. 7-11)
The One who lasts: God, who is:
- Eternal in existence (vv. 2-6)
- Eternal in knowledge (v. 8)
- Eternal in grace
The lasting rewards we need are the lasting rewards God gives to his people:
- Lasting relationship (with God) (vv. 13-14)
- Lasting prosperity (v. 15)
- Lasting legacy - with our children (v. 16) and with the work of our hands (v. 17)
The good news of the gospel is that the Eternal God gives these things to his children through the Person and Work of Jesus.